I have labeled recipes based on main ingredients, if they are great for kids, parties, showers, holidays, etc. Just type what you are thinking of in the search box below & it will bring up all the recipes that fit what you are looking for.

Search This Blog

27 March 2010

Tofu Cheese Souffle

I know, "TOFU" but seriously, this is so good it is requested by my meat loving, tofu shrinking children.  I started making it when we took our twins off the formula & I needed something soft that would help give them the nutrients they needed...it became a weekly lunch menu for the 3 "babies" and myself...

6oz tofu
2 Tbs butter
2 eggs
3 slices bread
6oz shredded cheese
1 1/4c milk

Coat a smaller casserole dish (with higher sides then a typical 13x9 type baking dish) with butter
Butter bread, then tear into pieces. 
Layer bread, then tofu slices, shredded cheese...repeat until all ingredients are used.
Combine milk & eggs...pour over the layers & allow to stand for 1-2 hours.
Bake casseroled in a pan of water at 350 for 45 minutes
(meaning, place small casserole dish in a larger, like a 13x9, that has about an inch of water in it)

Spoon out while hot & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment